Sunday, October 20, 2013

Joy in the everyday {day 16}

Finding joy in the everyday is not always an easy task. As a stay at home mom, the days are filled with monotony and routine. Some days the monotony is easy and others it's soul stretching and sometimes we'd rather be anywhere but where we are.

So how do we find joy? How when sitting on an airplane with a writhing and tearful toddler is there joy? And how wiping the hundredth nose and wondering how everyone is always suffering from the sniffles can joy be found? And how with a stressed out husband and bills piling up and no dinner to be found? 

Joy comes in abiding.

No circumstance or situation or life moment is too difficult to find joy in or too void for joy to fill.

For where the Spirit of The Lord is joy can be found.

"If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full."

(John 15:10, 11 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment