Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The colors of spring

 

 


First of all, thank you for all the kind comments regarding the last post.  Made my heart swell!

In our neck of the woods it seems spring has decided to stick around. I’m so grateful for that; for the sunshine and budding trees, yellow daffodils and the gentle falling of rain.  Spring is by far one of my favorite seasons, tied with fall of course.

But there are certain things that just scream spring to me mainly in color.  Spring to me is vibrant kelly green, soothing turquoise, bright sunny yellow, and ever so classic, navy blue.  I’d go so far to say that I actually find myself drawn towards these colors when I get dressed, look through home décor magazines, and pick out gifts.  If I’m head to toe in navy and kelly green you can now know I have tasted spring.

You can also tell by what I’ve pinned on Pinterest lately:

20831318_skW3bzjf_b

20449425_5S78a0Ay_b

20841103_Am30UMNY_b

21026586_7vgkBSSQ_b

19234837_MuJoptmN_b

One day, when we are in a house of our own, we will surround ourselves with the colors of spring.  No dark, dreary grays and muted tones, instead we will have spring all year round, with sunlight bouncing off bursts of cheer filled color.  Maybe not so many bold colors on the walls, but furniture, yes, curtains, yes, rugs, yes.  I want to be saturated by spring.

Happy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment