Tuesday, March 22, 2011

random tuesday ramblings


I feel like I have a case of the Mondays, but it’s Tuesday.

5 Observations on this Rainy Tuesday

1.  Our coffeemaker erupted all over our counter this morning.  Apparently I didn’t have the sense to shut it all the way, resulting in a minor catastrophe that took twice as long to clean up.  Did I mention that all I really needed this morning was a cup of coffee?  I think I dreamed of it.

That being said, I’d also love if we could have some insight into our bodies and their natural cues for coffee.  Sometimes I make too much and other days we just need more, I wonder if there’s any rhyme or reason to this?

2.  I wish we had milk.  We ran out over the weekend and all I wanted this morning was a big bowl of cereal or some oatmeal.  Both require milk.  Guess I should’ve replaced it sooner.  I had to settle for OJ and half a bagel.  It’s not the same.  Guess I know where I’m going today.

3.  Sometimes like this morning I wonder why showers are necessary.  I move from the bed, to the kitchen, to the dining room table toting my computer in hand to work and write and catch up on other people’s lives.  Most days I don’t leave the house.  Don’t worry I do shower every day, 90% of the time, I just don’t like the 30 minutes it takes me to get ready.  I loathe making myself up.  And it didn’t get any easier with short hair, just in case you are wondering.  Where’s Rosie when you need her?

4.  Being productive is a state of mind.  I’m convinced.  Especially when you set out to get all sorts of things done and then your husband woos you away with promises of a movie in the middle of the afternoon.  That was yesterday.  We saw the Lincoln Lawyer, it was really good.  But it definitely put a damper in my day.  Now Tuesday has to make up for all I missed yesterday, it’s just not fair.  Trying to hasten that state of mind to be productive.  I think I can, I think I can…

5.  In your marriage, who influenced who?  Last night I went to bed at 9:30.  I’m trying to get my “morning” person back.  Too bad I woke up at 7:30.  I was hoping for 6:30.  But we’ve had colds and walk around at night smelling of Vicks VaporRub.  I’m convinced Vicks on your feet is all you need to heal a cold.  We’re both almost back to normal after just a couple of days.  But back to habits.  In 4 1/2 years, I’ve seemed to pick up on the one habit I didn’t want to pick up.  The night owl.  Most nights we stay up until almost midnight.  Then we sleep until 7:30/8.  We can because once we roll out of bed we roll right into the other to start work.  No commute necessary.  But I want my mornings back.  To bed early with you then.  Too bad I’ll miss all that “quality” time with Alex and those boys on “Storage Wars” and the like.  Hmm, I think it’s worth it.

That’s it.  Back to work.  A glimpse into my mind on a Tuesday. 
And it’s only 10am.  Better get on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment