Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lemon Meringue tart


I crossed another one off my list.

DSC_0489
Last weekend my parents (dad & step-mom) came to visit us for the weekend.  I think they’ve been wondering if my cooking/baking talents exist since they hear more about my love for all things food than they see results.  I blame it on the fact that we live 5 hours apart and that we we go back “home”, we often eat out or grill.

So I planned a little menu for them and I was also able to cross 2 off the list.


-White Pizzas with Arugula
-Lemon Meringue Tart



This dinner was perfect. Light, delicious, and very refreshing.  Paired with a glass of white wine, dinner was not only easy but enjoyable as well, since I could prepare most of it ahead of time.

The main dish, White Pizzas with Arugula, was a snap to prepare, store dough can easily be swapped for homemade, though the homemade is a cinch to make.  Fresh lemony arugula salad topped the cheesy crust for a scrumptious, light dinner.

But that Lemon Meringue Tart, well that was the star.  My dad loves lemon desserts.  In fact when he saw it, he mentioned my Grandma Norma used to make a pie like that and it was his favorite.  My face was aglow all night for having pleased my daddy.  And can I just say, this dessert is beautiful.  I followed the recipe to a T and though there were multiple steps, it came together really easy and smoothly, no mishaps.

DSC_0488
That was my easy spring dinner that was oh, so yummy.  Too bad the ground is still covered with snow, oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment