Monday, March 14, 2011

long and short of it


The hubby and I are notorious for long vacations.  The past three years we have spent 2-3 weeks in the fall on vacation.  The first year was England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, year 2 we ventured back but included Paris as well, and last year we headed to the East Coast.  For 2011 we decided to trade in our long vacations and so we came up with a new way to “getaway.”  Mini experiences.

This past weekend was the first of our mini experiences.  In lieu of our annual trip to Florida due to work and other reasons, we decided to spend the money elsewhere…the hubby brainstormed a makeover spa day and went to finding the perfect place.  At first I kept sending him links to tropical destinations trying to get him to change his mind, but after Saturday I’m glad he stayed strong.  It was SO worth it.  We headed to Revamp Salonspa in Uptown and boy did they deliver.  Christopher is the “makeover guy” he’s been featured on Oprah and now I know why.  Leading up to this the hubs has always wanted me to cut my hair short.  But I’ve been there, done that. 

But sitting in the chair, with someone I knew could do the right thing, I went for it.  Before I could say no, my hair was gone.  And it was the best experience of my 30’s:)  I’ve always secretly wanted really short hair but I’ve never had the guts.  Well, when someone will spend 1 1/2 hours cutting your hair, you know you can trust him with your life…well, your hair at least!


So here’s the outcome:

DSC_0441


Ps:  The experience was not cheap by any means, but it was one of those once in a lifetime experiences that was so WORTH the money.  (that being said I never spend more than $35 on a haircut so if you frequent Juut/Aveda, then the prices are probably more in line) If you want a change I would definitely recommend anyone at the salon, especially Christopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment