Saturday, April 21, 2012

Favorite Pregnancy Items


I’ve never been this pregnant before. Everything is new; my body, my emotions, my needs, and my wants. Some choose to buy things to help them through pregnancy and others make do with what they have. Both can be great, but I found some things to be worth the money. Granted this time is relatively short, only 10 months, but at the same time the things I’ve found worth investing in have allowed these 10 months to be as comfortable as possible. Since I love reading these lists from other blogs I read, I thought it might be fun to do it here on my site as well.

So here are my top 5 favorite items for making it through pregnancy!

1.
 Great Expectations: Your All-in-One Resource for Pregnancy and Childbirth
Everyone raves about What to Expect…but I have loved this book more. I have them both and every week I read them both. I think it’s the layout of Great Expectations that I like better and I would definitely recommend this.

2. 
Boppy Prenatal Total Body Pillow – This pillow has allowed me to sleep. Hands down, even though it was a gift, I’m now a believer in having some sort of body pillow for sleeping. Never thought it would be worth the money, but I’m still sleeping through the night sans one bathroom stop. I’d say that’s pretty good!

3. 
Gap Maternity Full Panel Jeans – These are worth the money. That’s all I can say. I have one pair of full panel and one demi panel and because I wear the full panel almost every day. I’ve had the chance to own really expensive designer jeans as well but the panel began to fall apart so they went back. In every way the Gap jeans exceeded my expectations; and most of my other maternity clothing came from the Gap. My mom and I scored such great deals from their clearance…nearly everything I’ve bought was under $10.

4. Palmers Cocoa Butter – I’m not sure if I will get stretch marks and if I don’t I won’t swear it was because I used Palmers. I really like this for another reason. It’s the only thing that soothes my itchy belly. I’ve noticed my skin is drier on my tummy and this definitely helps. It’s really cheap at Target and worth using even if I do get stretch marks:)

5. 

Motherhood Low Rise Panties – This might be TMI but I really don’t think so. I have plenty of undergarments, many of which worked just fine during pregnancy. So this is not a need…unless you are carrying lower like I am. These are cut low in the front and high in the back. No plumber’s butt! Plus they’re cute and cotton and I was sucked in by a BOGO offer they ran and yes, I’m so happy I made the purchase.

So there you go…I know I could go on and on with other things that have been helpful during these past 7 months, but these 5 got me through.

Curious, what would you add to the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment