Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ushering in 2012


It’s here.  January 1st, 2012.  And what a year it will be.  As 2011 came to a close yesterday, we found ourselves in our comfy clothes, noshing on homemade pizza and watching movies.  After I found myself pregnant, I also found out that though I have not been sick one bit, I find my eyes start closing around 9:30 pm.  So as you might guess, visions of a sparkly ball dropping were only in my dreams.

That being said, it was a splendid way to see 2011 to its end. With the man I love, in our house I still can’t believe we’re in, and a baby roving around in my belly.  2011 has been quite the year.  And I have all of you to thank for reading this mess of words on a page.  So thankful for all my friends, family, readers, and lurkers.  Hoping to update more in 2012.  We’ll see!

I’m not one for big resolutions or dreams of doing crazy new things when the year turns over, but this year I’m praying for the things I daily petition for…more and more grace, tighter reign on my tongue, a compassionate heart, a submissive spirit, self-control, and a joy doing life just as it comes, one day at a time. I’ve also been hoping to use my prayer cards a little more.

DSC_1360
About 6 months ago, I made these.  They’ve been a real help.  Everyone has their own aids for prayer, but both Alex and I like these.  We each have a set so we can daily flip through them, or weekly, or whatever.  So maybe they will also be a help for you.  I printed these from a template I received from Jones Design Company and her monthly series.  I highly recommend her designs and templates…they are cute, inexpensive and great for those of us who don’t want to spend the time designing our own.  I obviously just cut out one for each day of the week and separated our prayer lists into days of the week.  Easy peasy.

Prayer to start the new year, don’t we all need that?  Wishing you all a very Happy New Year…here’s to 2012! I suddenly have the urge to clean…anyone else?  :)

Say how did you ring in the new year?




No comments:

Post a Comment