Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Second Half


I’m pretty certain our last tour ended with the dining room.  So here’s to the rest of the tour.  Before I get there, though, I do have to say, I really can’t believe we will be moving back into a house in 26 days!! It’s really a huge blessing, that I for one, was certain wouldn’t be happening for quite some time. 

When we chose our current apartment 2 1/2 years ago we were certain we would only be there for a year, tops.  But with the current market and some great self-control on my husband’s behalf, we’ve saved so much staying put and now all that hard work has paid off.  It feels really good and I’m pretty proud of my husband and his God-given abilities at saving, casting vision, and providing for our little family of two.  Seriously, if it were up to me, we would’ve bought right away, just because, and who knows what would have happened!  Working on self-control, that’s this year’s lesson:)

But back to the tour, because, let’s be honest, that’s what is exciting.  Next up, the kitchen.  It boasts original 1960’s cabinetry that for the most part is in excellent condition.  Just a little TLC to the interiors.  We plan in the future to remodel the kitchen and take down the wall separating it from the living room, but that’s a dream away! 

DSC_1375                                   seriously, who doesn’t love pretty lace curtains:)

Next up, the living room.  I’m excited for this space and the fun that will be had here for years to come. 

DSC_1373DSC_1374Colors will change, but it gives you an idea.  The sweet iron railing leads the way to the front door.  Not sure what to do there!

DSC_1378
This is the spacious lower level where we envision football game watching (once a new couch is on the agenda) and playing with toys…hopefully!  The lower level also houses a large laundry/storage area, a 3/4 bathroom, and a bedroom.  The only picture I could get of the bedroom was off the mls, but yes, there is carpet all over the walls, as well as corkboard.  Taking you right back!

And here’s the upstairs floorplan in case you are like me and a visual will help you envision the home.  Seriously, I do not have that gift of seeing something from nothing.  That my friends, would be my husband’s area.

page0001

1 comment: