Tuesday, November 29, 2011

One Year Older


AndreaFinals0062
And I suppose, another year wiser.  I’ve learned much this year and lived to tell you the tale.  This year my birthday fell on Thanksgiving.  It only happens every 7 years or so and this year I was lucky enough to celebrate Thanksgiving on Wednesday and have Thursday to myself. 

And I had so much to be thankful for.  Having a birthday near Thanksgiving takes being thankful to a whole new level.  I mean, people are listing their thanks everyday leading up to your day.  Very humbling if the day rolls around and you find yourself lost for words.  Thankfully that didn’t happen.

Reflecting on year 30 was on the tip of my mind.  Alex and I ventured out to Buca for a birthday lunch, aka the only restaurant open that was not serving Thanksgiving, and then headed to the movies.  And as we filled our stomachs into a garlic induced coma, we reflected.

Year 30:

-The year God gave us children.  Showed us not only how merciful and grace filled He is, but He answered years of prayer by allowing us to conceive.  Although we have yet to hold conception in our hands, He has heard us and that has been good for our hearts.

-The year we bought a house.  We hope to close tomorrow after a headache of things gone haywire…from a undervalued appraisal to renegotiating the price to getting everything in order, we’re hoping we’ll have new keys in the morning.

-The year our marriage turned 5.  I’m not quite sure what I would do without Alex.  The thought makes me sick inside and I’m so grateful for His support and encouragement of me…He makes me better.  Everyday.

-The year I made my own birthday cake.  Salted Caramel 6-Layer Chocolate cake courtesy of Martha herself.  And let me tell you, it was so incredibly delicious.  Being the nice person I was, I shared with those at work so we didn’t have to eat every last morsel.  Picture to come, but our camera cord is packed:(

I didn’t know last year what the future would entail.  The days to come were hidden from me and as I searched to know my heart and girl who lived within, I found refuge in Him.  He showed me glimpses, perfect photographs, of the girl within.  The passions within her heart, the words needing to come out, the reassurance that He was able to do the one thing I’ve ever wanted to be.  This past year will be far from forgotten.  And although not every one got crossed off the list, there’s always this year.

And I enter 31 with heartfelt gratitude, for 30 blessed years, undeserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment