Thursday, April 21, 2011

preparing for Sunday


In three days it will be Easter Sunday. 

We’ve been trying to prepare for this.  To not let the day go past or the days leading up to it be forgotten.  We’ve been praying God would help us to see what a glorious day this is.  The day that our Savior took on all of our sin, bore it on the cross, and rose again victorious over Satan and Hell for our sake. 

We’ve been using this book:  Jesus Keep Me Near the Cross by Nancy Guthrie and this site to walk through the days leading up to the Crucifixion.  Easter is a time to rejoice; there IS victory in the cross but also a time to reflect, ponder, imagine what the Lord went through to reconcile us to the Father.  The blood, the sweat, the honest and humble petitioning of the Father to take the cup, knowing all the while that He was placed on the Earth for this moment.

Every morning when I pray or am reading my Bible I want to remember, to count it as an honor, that I can petition the Father directly.  That the Spirit of God lives within me.  That Jesus has torn the curtain in half.  We have access to God because of Christ.  And it was not free.

I want to remember my Savior as He was when He took all my sin upon His shoulders.  I never want to take it for granted.  And I will.  I’m a sinner.  But I pray earnestly that I wouldn’t and you wouldn’t.  The greatest gift we’ve ever been given was on Calvary.

Do you know Him?  He knows you.  Your name, your past, your failures.  Everything.  And He longs to know you more, to reconcile you to the Father, giving you a new heart and a new hope.  He is Yahweh. God almighty.  Savior.  Friend.  And our only hope.

Calvary.  What a place.  What a Sacrifice.  What a gift.

Remember Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment