Monday, February 21, 2011

happy president’s day

   DSC_0182


Right after the Superbowl I was watching intently on TV to hear about the National Anthem disaster by Christina Auguilera.   On the View they were talking about how it was an honest mistake, the nerves, the tricky lyrics, cutting her some slack.

DSC_0205 (2)
I was very glad they were.  I muted the TV to see if I could sing the entire National Anthem without messing up.  I hate to admit it, but I stumbled a little myself.  I do know the pledge of allegiance though, must be the 12 years we recited it in school.

DSC_0206 (2) - Copy - Copy
But what I found interesting on the View was the fact that Elizabeth Hasselback actually sings the National Anthem with her kids before bed almost every night.  It’s one of their favorites.  One Bible song and the National Anthem.


DSC_0195 (2) - Copy - Copy


If that’s not intriguing enough, they also learn the names of all the President’s in order.  They have a President placemat.  This feat is one I know I cannot do and I’m slightly ashamed.  But here’s to all the Presidents, for our freedom, for our country!

Can you name all the President’s in order?

No comments:

Post a Comment