Tuesday, February 19, 2013

the BEST chocolate chip cookies

I’ve made a lot of cookies in my lifetime even though I tend to not enjoy baking. And ever since I married someone without a sweet tooth for baked goods, I’ve done far less than ever before. But there comes a time when you just need a chocolate chip cookie. At least that happens to me.

DSC_0025

This past weekend I made my now go-to recipe for chocolate chip cookies and they were met with accolades. I take none of the praise since my recipe for cookies comes right off the back of a certain yellow package. But that being said, I’ve made a few minor changes that I think really helps these to shine.

 

3 things I’ve changed:

I bake on a rimmed, uncoated jelly roll pan lined with a silpat

I only use Kosher salt. For cooking and baking.

I change the ratios of sugar in favor of brown to create a chewier cookie

 

Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies

*Replace sugars with 1 Cup Brown Sugar and 1/2 C White Sugar

*Replace Salt with Kosher Salt. Same measurement.

 

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment