Saturday, February 9, 2013

Ridiculously Easy

This is my kind of food.

Simple. Delicious. Colorful. Filling.

I love to play a game with people I meet. The “what do you love” type of a game. For instance, I may randomly just ask you a question like “if you could only eat one type of food, cuisine, etc. what would it be.” I've asked these to family, friends, used them as ice breakers, kids, you name it I’ve probably asked it. I think you learn a lot about a person by what they like to eat.

If I were answering it, my answer would be a tie between Italian and Mexican. I know this based on what I fall back on when left to my own vices. Alex has been out of town for the past few days and so far I’ve eaten delicious pasta and mexican rice/black bean/salsa in a bowl.

I CAN’T – GET – ENOUGH!

I’ve added some fruit and vegetables to round things out in case anyone was worried. This pasta dish I threw together in five minutes flat. Almost easier than making a sandwich. So simple and beyond delicious. It’s literally a five ingredient meal, many of which are probably in most pantries, and if not, well they should be.

Fresh basil. Pasta (angel hair for me). Garlic. Grape tomatoes. Olive oil.

pasta

And this is how you do it…

1. Place tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Top with some thinly sliced garlic. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.

DSC_0010

2. Bake at 350 degrees while you boil water for the pasta and cook it.

3. When the tomatoes are bursting at the seams and garlic is browning, take out and pour over your drained pasta. (about 20 min.) Top with fresh basil.

DSC_0011

Seriously. Wasn’t that ridiculously easy. And believe me, it’s amazing.

Off to eat some more:)

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good, Andrea! I want to try it...maybe add a little shrimp because we love shrimp.

    ReplyDelete