Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankfulness continued

I’m more than a few days behind in my record of thanks. I’ve thought of things each and every day and yet haven’t had the energy to get them recorded.

These past few weeks have been crazy and just this weekend, after weeks of disrupted sleep, we began sleep training Elizabeth by way of the Baby Whisperer. So far the past 2 nights she’s slept through with one little wake up that was solved through “pick-up/put-down”. We can’t tell you how freeing this has been but it hasn’t been without a LOT of work and many tears on Elizabeth’s end. I’m hoping if today’s nap is any indication, that she’s on her way to better sleep!

So back to my record of thanks as we make our way through November:

November 2: Thankful for mothers who drive over to visit and do not put down your efforts in parenting but encourage you through the really hard moments. Who pray for you, help you, make the coffee, and offer to play all day long! We love you Mom!

November 3: Thankful for my other half. The part that walks through this rollercoaster of life with me. Working hard to provide, hard to keep our house up, and who loves me for me more than I could ever ask or imagine.

November 4: Thankful that Elizabeth was not affected by the change in time but instead blessed us by sleeping through the night for the first time in weeks. Was a precious gift of grace!

November 5: Thankful for snuggles with my baby girl and lots of book reading. So very thankful that God have her to us…

I’d attach pictures from our weekend but somehow I misplaced the camera cord in my sleepless zombie state. Stay tuned:)

No comments:

Post a Comment