Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Baby B - 30 Weeks

We’re in the final countdown! YAY!

This past week was full of fun: over the weekend we headed back to WI for our second shower, with family and friends, and other highlights included ordering the crib mattress, setting up the crib, finishing up painting the nursery, and full on nesting!

Really I couldn’t be more excited to meet our little lady and more nervous for what life will look like on the other side. So many unknowns but I know we’ll be able to figure things out. Until then, I’m enjoying the nesting phase that has kicked in full force. Crossing things off my list and getting things ready has been the name of the game this week. All the clothing she has through 3 months has been washed and put away, we’re abounding in diapers, and all necessary things are bought and either put away or awaiting arrival this week.

I’m hoping to start organizing my office and the rest of our house this week. So many things I’d love to get done but I know even if they stay unfinished all will be well:) The thing I’m looking forward to this week is heading out to garage sales. If you live in the Twin Cities, this weekend is the big Woodbury sale!

Fun to compare what has happened in 30 short weeks:

DSC_0049                               30 weeks at my shower with my mom and sister

DSC_1395                                                              20 weeks
DSC_1498                                                             10 weeks

How big is baby?
She’s getting bigger! Around 15.7 inches long and approximately 3 pounds. She’s strong enough to grasp a finger, her eyesight is getting better and better, and her skin is getting smoother. Still measuring a week ahead according to the doctor and hopefully we’ll know a little more about her size at our next ultrasound in two weeks.

How am I feeling?

Honestly, a little down. The Lord, through my pregnancy and hormone changes, has definitely been showing me some things that are hard to work through and emotionally draining. So they’ve been on the forefront but physically I’ve been feeling good, despite my feet beginning to swell. I headed to the chiropractor last week and the few adjustments I’ve had have completely eliminated my back pain and for that I’m really thankful.

How am I changing?

My belly button is still protruding though it’s starting to flatten out a bit more. Like above, my feet have been swelling quite a bit which is not the most comfortable. Also I’ve noticed that my face is definitely filling out more this past week. Can’t say I’m surprised given the extra weight I’m carrying around!

Little Tidbits:

Weight gain: 1.5 pounds for a total of 21.5
Days until final shower: 11
Things still coming for the nursery: glider and rug
Times I find myself in the nursery: infinite…can’t stay out!

No comments:

Post a Comment