Monday, July 28, 2014

Baby #2 : The Final Countdown

I’m 31 weeks.

IMG_3256

That means I have 10 weeks to go if baby is a week late, 9 weeks until full term, and just 6 if baby comes when Elizabeth did.

Shwew! That’s not that far away.

I entered the third trimester a few weeks ago and I have to say things are looking up so far. I definitely don’t feel quite as big as I did the first time around at this point but I’ve gained the same amount of weight it seems. Up 21 pounds although I’m just starting to swell so we shall see what that number does in the remaining weeks.

We have a few names we are mulling over and one that seems like a front runner so hopefully we will get it figured out before she’s here. At my last appointment they said she’s head down although that could change but at least we are moving in the right direction. I’m very excited for Elizabeth to be a big sister. She’s obsessed with her babies and any babies that we see out and around. I know she will be a great helper and to be honest, my biggest worry is for myself. If I’m honest, I don’t love the baby stage…I’m thankful for it and delight in it but it’s not my favorite. And we have already begun preparing our minds and hearts that life is about to get a bit crazier. Hopefully we will all stay as sane as possible.

How far along: 31 weeks

Gender: GIRL!!!

Weight gain: 21 pounds

Maternity clothes: Bottoms but for the most part things are still a bit big this time around. I’m wearing a lot of non-maternity just a couple of sizes bigger than normal.

Stretch marks: No…relying on Palmer’s Cocoa Butter in the jar

Belly button in or out: all the way out…and I was just told by my OB that it is for sure herniated. She has very low hope that it will go back to normal and I will probably be looking at belly button surgery postpartum. Anyone had it done?

Sleep: Still going great…I haven’t even pulled out my body pillow. Maybe it’s time to sell it?

Best moment this week: Getting all of my stuff out of the nursery and into our guest room/craft room in the basement. We are making huge progress in the nursery which makes me feel a bit more ready. The crib is up and bedding is on, closet is cleared out…just a few projects that I hope to tackle in August when my mom is here.

Miss anything: Alcohol. I’m almost embarrassed to write that but summer is the season of the best drinks in my opinion. For the most part I eat/drink everything else in moderation so I’m sure by the time the baby comes and it is fall my desire for a cold margarita will have passed:) And crazy about the stone fruit listeria scare. I’m certain I’ve eaten 9 pounds of stone fruit from those retailers since June 1st. No listeria here…phew!

Movement: A little bit but definitely not as much as I did at this point with Elizabeth. Elizabeth used to move the most during the day and the least at night. When she arrived her days and nights were right on. This little girl likes to get all crazy at night. I can only hope she will arrive knowing that night time means sleep. Probably a lost cause.

Cravings: Nothing really. My appetite has really shrunk.

Looking forward to: Finishing the nursery, having plants in our yard and a newly sided house, meeting this little peanut.

1 comment:

  1. Exciting! I really want to see your house and all the progress. That's great that your pregnancy has gone so well and that you are getting good sleep! I hope it continues! I can't wait for your little peanut's arrival and to find out the name. :)

    ReplyDelete