Wednesday, May 14, 2014

New Beginnings: Essential oils

I have to say I’m still a bit skeptical. Just being honest. But here we go.

oils

Enough of my friends and acquaintances have been helped by oils. It’s kind of the new rage amongst our generation, isn’t it? Get oiling or get left behind:) Not quite but I’m sure you’ve noticed the trend. Oils and tutorials are being pinned by the thousands on Pinterest. Everyone it seems is curious about these little jars.

To be honest, I’m totally new at this. We haven’t experienced any ground breaking changes yet although the other week Elizabeth had a terrible cough and after a couple of days of oils it’s basically gone. My skeptical mind is curious to know if the cough would have went away as quickly without any intervention. We’ll never know. But my husband is coming down with something as well in the past couple of days. And we’ve been oiling him up in hopes of seeing the sickness fade. The jury is still out.

All that being said, I am intrigued. If I could stop buying all the over the counter meds that we rely on for colds/sickness and just use oils that would be fine by me. Reasoning, meds are expensive! I’ve become a bit of a miser and it usually comes down to money for me if you haven’t noticed. Also since my husband owns his own business we have a pretty high deductible…translation: we pay the full amount for every doctor visit. If we could treat things at home without having to head to the DR. we’d save money. Using more natural means is a bonus. I’m really quite backwards sometimes in my thinking.

But I’m rambling. When I began chatting with friends about oils I began doing a bit of research on my own. And after a friend signed up and I’d heard more about Young Living oils I decided to sign up as a distributor as well…basically because it’s the best bang for your dollar.

 $150 (well ~$172 after shipping/tax) and you get 11 oils and a diffuser. It’s called their Premium Starter Kit and is really the BEST deal. The oils included are as follows (5ml) Peppermint, Thieves, Lemon, Joy, Frankincense, Purification, Lavender, Panaway, Peace and Calming, and Valor as well as a (5ml) bottle of stress away . As a distributor you will also benefit from a discount (24%) on future orders. Only catch is to spend $50 over the course of the next year to keep your membership. That’s it. Or if you hate them you can never buy again and let your membership expire.

In case you think I may be biased, I did just attend a DoTerra party a couple of weeks ago. Their oils seem great as well although their sign up kits are far more expensive. They have far more up front costs especially if you want a diffuser. As someone new to oils I wanted the best deal to get started, including a diffuser. I figured if I was going to try it out I wanted enough to get me started. Oddly enough, that diffuser was a huge selling point to me and we’ve used it almost everyday since receiving it.

I also have good friends that use Eden’s Garden oils amongst others. The thing I’ve been told to make sure of is that your oils are therapeutic grade and pure. Young Living achieves this. Oils can be ingested, used topically, and diffused. I’m not quite into ingesting oils so we are only using them topically and through our diffuser.

Because I’m so new to oils and learned there are oils to avoid while pregnant I ordered a couple of books to help me learn the ropes. If I was going to spend the money on the oils I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing…don’t want anyone to suffer! Both of these feature Young Living oils and blends, just FYI.

Essential Oils Pocket Reference by Gary Young

Gentle Babies: Essential Oils and Natural Remedies for Pregnancy, Childbirth, Babies and Young Children by Debra Raybern

I have to admit I’m deliriously curious to see how this pans out and very excited to be trying something new at our house. I’ll give most things a try just like as a single lady I gave almost every guy that asked me out a shot:)

If you are at all interested in signing up to receive oils from Young Living or to sign up as a distributor this is the one post where I will promote it. I’m not in this to make a career out of it or make money but I do receive a little something extra if you use my distributor number to sign up. I’d love it if you were kind enough to do that and as time goes on I’ll keep you posted if we’ve been bowled over by the “amazingness” of oils!

  • Go to:  Distributor Sign-Up page

  • Please make sure you've checked Young Living WHOLESALE MEMBER (and not retail customer---you will not get wholesale prices as a customer)

  • Enter this number {1797532} in the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID areas

  • Fill out your info

  • Select your kit ($150 premium starter kit is the best value)

  • At this point, you can add more product to your order if you'd like

  • You're all done---yay for learning about oils!

No comments:

Post a Comment