Monday, December 30, 2013

Issues and the New year

Hi there.

Merry (belated) Christmas! We enjoyed a nice time visiting my family in WI and despite all of us coming down with a 24 hour bug, we had a great time. It’s been nice to be home though getting things back in order and of course playing with all of our new things.

Elizabeth is *obsessed* with her new baby doll and stroller that we gave her. She learned the word baby in about 5 seconds flat and now spends her days getting frustrated over the buckle on the stroller and yelling “baby”. It’s hilarious and equally maddening to say the least.

First things first…something is going on with the blog. SO if you normally come to the blog via www.comeabide.com things are looking crazy so you’ll have to bear with me while I fix the glitch. You can find the whole site at the old address: www.comeabide.blogspot.com

And now back to the holidays and the fact that 2014 is just a day away.

Life with a toddler means that we will be hunkered down at home tomorrow night but hopefully I’ll get my act together and make some delicious meal for us. I already have New Year’s Day brunch planned out so we shall see.

But one thing I do have planned out for 2014 is my word of the year. Last year on a whim I decided to join Layla at The Lettered Cottage in choosing a word of 2013. I chose “Grace”. If anything this word has been on my heart, in my mind, on my lips all throughout the year. Not only do I feel like I’ve learned not only to receive and give grace but accept it as well.

A couple of months ago I began thinking of a word I wanted to focus on for 2014. The one that kept coming to mind was “Prudent”. I’m not hoping to transform myself into the 21st century version of the word but instead the Biblical attribute. I need to grow in prudence; becoming a forward thinker, being wise about what’s to come, and using discernment and forethought. I’ve always been more spontaneous and impulsive and though that’s great for a million reasons there are some things that would be improved upon if I used some more prudence.

PROVERBS 13:16 “In everything the prudent acts with knowledge, but a fool flaunts his folly.”

Going into the year, I never thought choosing a word to work through, focus on, or grasp would be as beneficial as it was. I found that having one thing, in my Bible reading, my studies, my mothering, etc. to think through or focus on was such a blessing. The word GRACE is atop a shelf in my office/craft room and it’s been right where my eyes focus. I’m not about to change the word to PRUDE for 2014 but I will be trying to find other ways to focus my attention on growing in wisdom and discernment.

Join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment