Saturday, August 17, 2013

An ordinary Saturday

Saturday is here. Market day.

And over the course of the summer, it has slowly become my favorite day of the week.

Every week is the same, for the most part, and it’s usually filled with slow mornings and family afternoons.

We wake whenever the baby wakes and go from there but first on our agenda every week is a trip to the market.

We’re blessed to have a great farmer’s market within a couple of miles from our house. Not only do they have delicious treats and live music but it is also where we pick up our CSA share.

This is our third year doing a CSA share and I think it may be my favorite year yet. I love how our farm, Fazenda Boa Terra, brings their fares to the market and as a member you bring a big bag and just fill it to the brim.

This week was especially bountiful and I realized I’d made a mistake by not bringing the stroller with me.

DSC_0054

$25 bought us all of this beautiful organic goodness.

watermelon, string beans, 6 ears of corn, eggplant, kale, new potatoes, tomatoes, arugula, broccoli, basil/cilantro, hot peppers, squash, cucumbers, cabbage, red onions

amazing.

One trip to the market early on a Saturday morning just about makes my day. Especially when the husband is away and coffee just seems like too much work. Coffee, produce, sunshine, and a baby who can walk.

Seriously, that last part saved my behind today. Should have brought the stroller. Melons and bags of produce are heavy.

And now for the rest of our day…naps, errands, and friends to visit with.

A grand Saturday indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment