Friday, May 24, 2013

Things we’re loving: May Edition

I can’t believe it’s already the end of May! I feel like I just wrote this post and now here I am writing this post. We’re ready for this upcoming holiday weekend and although our days are wide open, we’re hoping to relax, spend time outside, and tackle a few minor house projects. Hopefully the weather will continue to be nice! This month we’ve tried a few new things and I love sharing our finds!

1. Honest Company Products

DSC_0014

I heard about the Honest Company almost a year ago due to their super cute diapers and finally decided to give it a try. I was on the hunt for a few products that were more natural for Elizabeth going into summer since everything goes into her mouth. I ordered their Body Wash/Shampoo, Lotion, Bug Spray, Sunscreen, and Bubble Bath. And then when I was offered another discount, I bought a reusable swim diaper for Elizabeth. So far I love everything. Most of all I love not worrying about what is going in her little body when she eats her bath bubbles and those upcoming days when the mosquitos are out in full force and her hands go in her mouth. The products smell great and when you use a $10 off coupon (code: INVITED10) the prices are not that outrageous.

2. Citrus Lane

middle_box_large

Picture from Citrus Lane

Have you heard of the new box subscriptions that are supposedly the big new rage? I gifted my dad with a similar gift for his birthday through Sugarwish and then when I saw how neat Citrus Lane was I decided to give it a shot. Citrus Lane is a box subscription that delivers age appropriate toys and goodies monthly to your door for a set price. It’s definitely not something that I would do every month but I tried it this last month and we received some really fun things. I used a $10 off code again and for $15 (after discount) we received a box for Elizabeth that included a Stacker, snack, gift for mom, dish soap, and a book. I think it would be really fun to give as a gift and of course, it’s fun to receive! To sign up and get $10 off your first box click here: Citrus Lane.

3. Natural Soap

il_570xN.460462283_afb3

Picture from Pumpkin Seed Soap Shop

I’m going to be honest here…I don’t usually get into the whole green trend. We do a lot of “green things” (recycle, cloth napkins, natural cleaners, etc) but we still use pretty conventional soaps, lotions, etc. Well this past month I bought soap from Pumpkin Seeds Baskets and Soap on Etsy to help support their adoption and I don’t think we’ll go back. I was totally a skeptic but Alex and I are now totally in love with what we affectionately call the “soft soap”. I’ve been a lotion user for over 15 years, every day after my shower and after using this soap I only need to use lotion once or twice a week. The soap keeps our skin incredibly moist and extremely soft. Totally converted. I just gave my mom some from another local company, Apple Valley Natural Soap for Mother’s day and I hope she loves it too:)

4. Pretty Tea Cups

th_25780743_030_bproduct410x615

Alex gave me a very pretty tea cup from Anthropologie for Christmas and I’ve been loving it ever since. I’ve found myself lately pouring tea in the afternoons and reading while Elizabeth is napping. It’s such a nice way to spend some down time and having a pretty cup makes the whole experience more enjoyable. Of course, any cup will do, but I love beautiful tea cups! I’m loving these ones right now as well…

073732_000_b873682_red_c

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5. Step 2 Big Splash Waterpark

pTRU1-12088664reg

I would be wrong to not include something Elizabeth is loving right now so here we go. We bought this water table just about a month ago and it is getting so.much.use. Now that she’s walking I didn’t want to deal with the in and out of a baby pool (trying to walk out) so I figured this was the next best thing. Also our lawn is being fertilized this summer and since she’s putting everything in her mouth, time on the lawn just isn’t that safe. So onto our deck she goes and she could stand outside and play for hours if we let her. So far we haven’t put any of the fun toys on it…that way she’ll have something to look forward to for next year.

 

Wishing you a happy Memorial Day weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I love hearing about new products! I am considering buying the bug spray - has it seems to work well on those pesky MN mosquitos? (or is it too soon to tell?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie...too soon to tell. I'm sure people would say don't put anything on babes for Mosquitos but I'm not sure i can just let her get bit...so I'm hoping this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I am intrigued by this "soft soap". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings to you Andrea! Thank you so much for mentioning us on your blog!
    We are so encouraged!
    Peggy and family
    Pumpkin Seed Baskets and Soap
    www.pumpkinseedbaskets.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Peggy...I really do love your soap and thank you so much for the gift:)

      Delete
  5. Georgia got the waterpark table for her birthday and loves it! She calls it a bathtub and we spend at least half an hour outside everyday playing with it.

    www.hautemommyblog.com

    ReplyDelete