Monday, August 25, 2014

Skincare Update

It’s been a few months since I posted about skincare and it’s continued to be a well-read post!

Since I’ve finally gotten a bit of a system together I thought I’d do a little update to share what has come to work for me. In my last post, I mentioned that I ordered some products from Paula’s Choice…an online beauty store. I ended up LOVING what came in the mail.

So right now, here’s how I have progressed and I have to say I think my face is loving the new routine.

 

Untitled11 – Paula’s choice / 2 – Argan oil / 3 - Norwex / 4 – Tarte BB Cream

 

First things first, let’s talk about the Norwex Body Pack. I just received these last month and they are truly amazing. We really like Norwex products for cleaning, in fact I’m running some specials this month if you need anything, but I had never used any of their body cloths. Everyone recommended them and spoke highly of them and now I know why. The first night I used these on my face, I almost didn’t believe my makeup came off. It was super gentle, only used water, and left my face clean and so fresh feeling. I even threw a cloth to Alex for him to try. There are two different types: Body pack and Make-up Removing cloths and here is a good description of each.  Since my face is more normal/dry I definitely need a moisturizer after scrubbing my face.

Which brings me to my next step. From Paula’s Choice I ordered the Resist Anti-Aging Toner, Serum, and a sample of the Retinol Moisturizer. Since I’m pregnant I’m steering clear of the Retinol Moisturizer but I’ve been using the other two and LOVE them. I haven’t used a toner since my mom bought me the Clinique 3 pack back in high school so this was a new step for me. It’s not like the old alcohol/tingly toners of my past but instead a gentle toner that leaves my face super hydrated. I use this right after washing my face at night followed by the Serum.

This serum is amazing! It leaves your face feeling all fresh and soft. I usually use this at night following the toner and in the morning I use the Argan Oil.  Sometimes I use it on my entire face and other times just around my eyes. While I haven't noticed any life changing results, I would say since adapting a system, my face has felt and looked a bit more refreshed.

And this Argan oil from Apple Valley Natural Soap, well you know I love their products and this one did not disappoint. It has a faint vanilla scent and it is SO hydrating. I’m not sure I will give it up because it works so great as a moisturizer. It doesn’t leave your face oily and I can apply my bb cream right afterwards without feeling  like I have a ton of makeup/oil on my face which is a bonus for me.

And lastly, the Tarte brand BB Cream. Oh my. I’m not sure which is my favorite but this would be high on the list. While not cheap the difference between the drugstore one I was using and this one is ridiculous. This goes on soft and smooth and leaves my face with even coverage. In fact there’s enough coverage with this for me that I often do not have to use anything else to clear up any imperfections on my face. This summer I’ve topped it with my Bare Minerals bronzer for a bit more color but that’s it.

So there you have it. I may have even made my beauty routine easier with these products, if that was even possible. But so far I’ve loved them all and would definitely recommend them.

 

Anyone else find some amazing beauty products over the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment