Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pasta Carbonara with Leeks and lemon

Oh my goodness you guys, this was SO GOOD!

photo(8)

And SO easy.

Seriously I started dinner at 5pm and it was done at 5:28. I timed it because my husband said he would be in for dinner at 5:30 but then was detained so we didn’t eat until 5:45. While it definitely tastes better RIGHT when it is done, reheated was delicious as well. What can you do.

30 minute meal that tastes delicious and is filling. Perfect in my book. This is a keeper.

The punch of lemon mixed with the creaminess of the eggs and parmesan creates a delicious coating for pasta. And then add bacon and leeks to the party…your mouth will do a happy dance guaranteed. Leeks are one of my favorite vegetables for winter. Along with this pasta we love them in this Potato Leek soup and this Bacon and Leek Quiche.

If you have an aversion to using raw eggs, even though they are tempered a bit with the hot pasta water, I don’t have any alternatives for you. Sorry! I try to find pasteurized eggs if I can and if I can’t then I just roll with it. So far we haven’t had any reactions. And had Elizabeth been feeling better I’m almost certain she would have loved this as well. That soup above is one of her favorites!

Here’s the link to the recipe…I followed it exactly with the exception of draining the bacon grease. I just left it all in there! Yum!

Pasta Carbonara with Leeks and Lemon from Martha Stewart Everyday Food

No comments:

Post a Comment