Friday, September 20, 2013

if:gathering

Somewhere deep down inside of me there’s a longing to do something more with what I’ve been given. Not more crafts or opportunities, not more checks off the list or more obligations on the calendar, and not more time investing in those around me.

I want to make more of Jesus. For my family. For those around me. But mainly for me, as a woman.

There are many new conferences out there for women. For bloggers, there’s Allume. For hipsterish-moms and small business owners, there’s Influence (although I’m sure that’s not how either of them would define themselves). But as much as I wanted to go to one of those, I want so much more to go here, to the IF:gathering.


<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10101719745143900" data-width="550"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10101719745143900">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/IFgathering">IF : Gathering</a>.</div></div>




When I hear Jennie Allen talking on this video, I get little shivers up my arms and my heart bursts. I know the Lord has given me much to speak of, much to write about, much to unleash to my family and those around me. But somewhere in the past year or so, it’s been bottled up. Fear lingers and my fingers just can’t seem to get the words on the page.

And I know I want to be inspired. Be encouraged. Be changed.

And that’s why I’m hoping anyone who wants to join me in Austin, TX this February would prayerfully consider doing so. I think I may have convinced one friend to come and I’m hoping many more will join me. But even as an introvert, I have to go. Even if I go alone.

So join me or pray for me or think I’m crazy.

But Austin, here I come.

Dates: February 7-8, 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Info: ifgathering.com

No comments:

Post a Comment