Monday, September 30, 2013

Encouragement for Today {A Review}

Even before having Elizabeth, carving out time to be in the Word had been difficult. It’s not that I don’t have the time, I do, but sometimes so much life is swirling around me that opening the one thing that would help stop the swirling just doesn’t occur to me.

I know…sounds bad but I’m sure we can all relate.

There have been a couple of things that have helped as of late and one of them is the Proverbs 31 Devotional called Encouragement for Today. It’s a book filled with short devotionals for everyday living written by the Proverbs 31 team with questions at the end to help you remember, reflect and respond. I’ve read through them and they are really encouraging and thought provoking.

Short and to the point the daily devotionals are a great catalyst for further study and offer a nice morsel to gnaw on throughout the day. The devotionals are encouraging and to the point, offering a glimpse into the writers own lives. I’ve found it to be a great resource for everyday. I can pick it up, read it through, and reflect on it throughout the day. Great for my limited amount of time and very uplifting and encouraging to my heart.

Do you have a favorite devotional?

I also really like She Reads Truth.

 

{disclaimer: this book was given to me for review as part of Book Sneeze, a blogger review site through Thomas Nelson Publishing}

No comments:

Post a Comment