Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Baby B–10 & 11 Weeks


Weeks 10 and 11 just flew by!  We moved into our house, began putting things back together, hosted a cookie exchange, and went to Wisconsin for an early Christmas and to celebrate our nephews and niece on their 8th birthday.  Talk about a busy 2 weeks.  It was so nice to be back with family…we had a wonderful time and then made it back in time for a Christmas party with friends.  I love the hustle and bustle of this season, fit with pauses to sit and enjoy the babe of Christmas, not ours but Jesus.

In these two weeks baby has been doing some active growing!  We had our first trimester screening right at 11 weeks 2 days and little Baby B grew so much from our ultrasound 2 weeks ago.  Everything looked great and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t love seeing our little babe dancing around in there with a heartbeat strong as can be. 

How big is baby? 

Week 10 baby was as big as a kumquat or green olive and week 11 jumped to a fig or small lime.  I’d say that was quite the jump and the ultrasound proved it.  At 9 weeks we had a little teddy graham and at 11 there were long arms and legs moving around.  Watching babies grow in the womb is absolutely incredible.  God knits without mistake and His handiwork is amazing. 

How am I feeling? 

I’m still feeling great.  I still have not been nauseous nor have I gotten sick.  Mainly I’ve been plagued with non-stop sleepiness.  By the time it hits 3pm I’m about done for the day unless I push through in which I’m asleep or in bed by 9.  But that’s nothing to complain about!  I know I’m lucky to have felt this good so far and I’m not taking that for granted.  Hoping it continues.  Also during these past two weeks the bleeding has come to an end which has been great for my psyche.  Worrying less = happier mama.

 
How am I changing?
DSC_1496

So far no major changes.  The bloating has gone down a bit so I can now button some of my normal pre-pregnancy jeans and pants.  Still feeling a little sore and mostly just tired. I think I am as tired as some are sick during pregnancy.  I will be tracking weight gain, not for any reason other than I think it’s interesting.  Other news at week 11, pelvic rest was lifted and I was given the go ahead to exercise again, starting out very slowly!  I’m very excited to keep moving and attempt to keep my muscles strong.

Little Tidbits:
Weight gained:  2 pounds
Maternity clothing purchased: Given 2 pairs of Maternity jeans for Xmas!
Days worked:  Slowing increasing.  Week 10: 2, Week 11: 4
Hours slept:  Stopped counting, now if only I could nap!
Vacations booked:  1…we’re headed to Florida in early January!

No comments:

Post a Comment