Sunday, December 5, 2010

thai slaw salad



I am always in need of side dishes for meals that we have. I usually just look in the fridge and decide what would best suit the main entree. We always have romaine in there along with green onions and celery. In the past, I have made a pickled celery salad that we both really loved, so I expanded this recipe to include some other ingredients. The other night when we had some thai food I created the perfect side dish, quick and very easy. The salad tastes sweet and sour with just the right punch of spice. It's clean and delicious.

Thai Slaw Salad

1 C very thinly sliced romaine
1 T chopped scallions
1 stalk of celery, very thinly sliced, leaved included
2 dry red thai chilis, thinly sliced
1 T sugar
2 T white vinegar
2 T rice wine vinegar
3 T chopped cilantro
Mix all ingredients together and let sit as long as possible, an hour up to a day, to allow flavors to meld.

No comments:

Post a Comment