Monday, April 28, 2014

Meal Plan for the week

I’ve finally returned to meal planning and I think just about everyone in our house is rejoicing!

It’s so much easier for me and as a plus we save money because I’m not aimlessly throwing things in the cart that look good. Last night while we caught up on a past season of ‘Homeland’ I sat with a few of my Ina Garten cookbooks and my Pinterest app and threw together this weeks plan.

In case anyone is interested in new recipes, which most of these are for us, here’s what we are serving up here at our house this week.

 

Monday: Ina Garten’s Winter Minestrone, French Bread, and Salad {this is definitely a tried and true favorite of ours}

Tuesday: Colorado Beef Burritos (new recipe), lettuce & tomato for topping, guacamole {this is a way to try and use up the pounds of beef we have remaining in our deep freezer}

Wednesday: Ina Garten’s Spring Risotto (new recipe) with Salad and bread

Thursday: Crispy-Mustard Roasted Chicken (new recipe), mashed potatoes, and asparagus

Friday: Pizza … this is hands down our favorite pizza dough recipe. Makes two crusts.

 

Breakfasts: Rice Cooker Steel Cut Oats, Ina Garten’s Banana Bran Muffins, French Toast, and Egg sandwiches

Lunches: Sandwiches/Paninis, leftovers, and miscellaneous

 

I’ll keep you posted on how things turn out. Are any of you trying something new this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment